Monday 10 February 2014

Farewell...

Dear umm zaid(or perhaps, dear former umm zaid),

Im not going to say anything about your being a Muslim because i simply have no concrete information at hand to make that judgement. The other day an anonymous person left a comment saying that they know you personally and that you are an atheist now. Quite Frankly, I guess that marks the end of my journey. We have this extremely intricate, complex and beautiful thing in front of our very eyes, the 'reality', and all of us have to decide what we ought to make of that fact. Either we allow ourselves to ascertain the existence of God and his revelation through his chosen people, or we simply discard it and credit random chance for having built whatever we see around us, and us ourselves as well. I leave it at that, and I am sure that at this stage of your life you have already decided which path you are going down on and have considered the repercussions of your decision very carefully(although it would have been very interesting if we could hear which one is that and why have you chosen it). As you might have noticed that I adhere to the faith of Islam, therefore, I choose to believe that a maximally higher being exists and that it has on purpose created everything and i will pray for your guidance (as well as my own) towards the truth behind. Farewell to you, please be known that whatever you wrote for this faith lies in thousands of hearts and will not perish, that there are people who have been concerned about a fellow Muslim's trials and tribulations and who, ever faithfully, pray for her goodwill. May you find peace, amen. My email address will still be open if you ever come across this corner of the web and decide to engage in a conversation.

Best wishes
salam

4 comments:

  1. Many of us who have personally known her for many years are deeply saddened by her decision to leave Islam. I am sure she is aware of your blog. I appreciate all your kind words. Even though she is no longer Muslim, many of us would still prefer to remain friends with her as our friendship was a connection of hearts
    . That doesn't disappear easily. I miss you sister. Please contact your twin sister. She'll be happy to know you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think she is aware of this blog. And i can only pray for her hidayah if she has left Islam. I can relate to this in many ways because I have had a period of extreme doubt on the existence of God but thankfully for me, after I honestly put it out that 'O God if you really truly exist then guide me towards yourself', i met some amazing and very rare muslims who made me seriously rethink my worldview about God and most of my philosophical problems evaporated. Only the emotional problems left(which are not really problems but unfortunately are the real reason of philosophically illiterate people leaving religion for atheism) , like why stoning to death, why evil in this world and so on...so i just wanted to see what was the case with her...why had she left islam... and i felt obligated to share with her the things , if i possibly could,that were made clear to me after i genuinely started searching for answers. that was all of what my intention really was. Lets hope for the best then.

      Delete
  2. Radians Salam,
    Is it possible that we might have a conversation about your doubts? (I am not her by the way?
    By chat, i mean can we speak via gmail chat or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wa aleikum salam.

      I dont understand, I reread my comment above and i think i might have given you the impression that i have some sort of doubts. What i mean instead was that only emotional problems left...which as i highlighted were not really problems and i got rid of them as well...only one argument was needed which was the argument that absolute moral values exist and they depend on a higher source for their existence(ie God), and if you say God does not exist then morality becomes relative and not really real...so all of that emotionalism that i talked about which most atheists really struggle with was under control after a while...the real problems were about the sort of , 'logical coherence' of islam and as i said i found my way out of them by Allah's grace.

      If you meant you wanted to discuss anything about her then you are most welcome to email me at [godandeverythingelse@gmail.com]and we'll set up a time...

      ws salam

      Delete